We like to give a platform to these talented people who have discovered their expertise in the culinary world. Moving on to our second recipe from the Food Diaries campaign, we would like to give a shoutout to another very young and talented home cook. She loves to cook and want others to learn with her simple recipes. Today we have something very traditional and from our Pakistani cuisine Chicken Chargha Recipe. Most of us love meat with strong spices incorporated. There are multiple ways to incorporate that. One of the common styles is Chargha where the whole chicken is marinated in rich spices and herbs. So, let’s check out what ingredients we need to make one and it’s simple procedure.
Also, we would love to know whether you have tried our Dynamite Prawns or not? If yes, how was it?
Chicken Chargha Recipe
Chicken Charga is a unique style of cooking chicken in which the whole chicken is marinated, kept overnight for flavours to fully get into it. And is then deep-fried. Chef Sidra has made this recipe very simple and quick for us. Let’s take a look at how it’s made. Click here for a complete video of Chicken Chargha.
Ingredients Required for Chicken Chargha Recipe
- 1 tsp White Pepper Powder
- 1/2 tsp Turmeric Powder
- 1 tsp Garam Masala Powder
- 1/2 tsp Yellow Food Colour
- 1 tsp Black Pepper Powder
- 1 tsp Corn Flour
- Ginger/garlic paste
- 1 tsp Chilli Powder
- Green chillies as required
- 1 tbsp Lemon Juice
- Salt if needed
- 1 tsp Cumin Powder
- 4-5 tbsp Vinegar
- 1 Egg
Quick And Simple Method
- In the bowl add white pepper powder, turmeric powder, garam masala powder, yellow food colour, black pepper powder, cumin powder, red chilli powder, salt, corn flour, ginger-garlic paste, green chilli, lemon juice, vinegar, egg and whisk well them all.
- Next, add marks/cut in the leg and thighs of the chicken. This is because the breast takes less time to cook than the legs and thighs. Cut marks allow the whole chicken to cook at the same time.
- Now for marination, apply the paste to the chicken and mix well. Tie the chicken legs with the help of a thread to keep them in place.
- After applying the mixture to the chicken, let it marinate for 4 hours or you can keep it overnight in the refrigerator.
- In a pot, add water and heat it, place steam rack and marinated whole chicken, cover and steam cook for 35-40 minutes. Add the remaining marination sauce on top of the chicken to give it more flavour.
- After steaming and let it rest for 10 minutes.
- In wok, heat oil and deep fry whole chicken until golden brown.
- Sprinkle chaat masala & serve.
- Serving: 7-8 people.
A Little About Chef Sidrah (cookanddeat_)
Sidrah is a Psychologist but has a passion for food and cooking. She loves to treat herself with amazing dishes and wanted other girls to learn from her too. So, she started a blog by the name cookanddeat_ where she posts her simple and easy recipes for her audience. The purpose is to develop a sense of love for cooking and tell our young generation that it’s not so difficult. You can always go with simple yet amazing recipes and make your table full of aroma, colour and people with whom you want to share your talent.
You can check out her page as see her other recipes too. There is a great variety of cuisines. From Italian Pasta to Chinese and desserts, there are so many amazing stuff that you can try out. Well, this article was only about Desi Chicken Chargha Recipe that we are sure all of our viewers would be willing to try.
Leave us your comments down below, and lets us know what you would like to learn in our upcoming articles. Keep following Roaming Pakistan.
Subscribe To Our Newsletter
Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates from our team.